Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 707 ..
(3) It is anticipated that pay parking will be introduced into Belconnen from July 2003 and in Tuggeranong from September 2003.
(4) Maps that show the location of pay parking at the Belconnen and Tuggeranong Town Centres are currently being finalised. These maps are broadly similar, but have been refined, from the draft maps released as part of the consultation process. It is proposed to make the maps available on the ACT Government web site before pay parking commences.
Dumas Street, McKellar
(Question No 404)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to a commitment by the Chief Minister to undertake a risk assessment of Dumas Street, McKellar:
(1) On Chief Minister talkback on 21 February 2003 Mr Stanhope told a caller that
he would ensure that the Department of Urban Services would undertake a risk
assessment on Dumas St in McKellar, has any work been started on this risk
assessment, if so, could you provide details, if not why not;
(2) When do you expect this risk assessment to be completed;
(3) Are there any estimates how much this risk assessment will cost and where will
any funding for the assessment come from (ie: within DUS budget or
(4) Have any options been presented to you by the Department of Urban Services
for reducing the traffic hazard for local residents in Dumas Street;
(5) How much would it cost to (a) put up signs reducing the speed limit, or (b)
construct speed humps in Dumas Street;
(6) How many complaints has the Government received about a traffic hazard in
(7) If it is found that work is needed in eliminating a traffic hazard in Dumas Street,
will the Government commit to that project as part of the Capital Works
program in the 2003-04 Budget.