Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 706 ..
Following this consultation, the Government will identify the recommendations that can be progressed at a local level and develop strategies to assist with this process. This will be a collaborative approach between the Government and stakeholders. It is anticipated the consultation will occur in early April 2003.
A number of recommendations focus on training for children's services staff. I have been informed that Community and Health Works are negotiating with Training and Adult Education in relation to the delivery of a cadetship for staff undertaking the Diploma in Community Services (Children's Services).
(5) The recommendations that are identified as being able to be progressed at a local level will be acted upon as soon as possible. Where possible, this will occur during 2003.
The Government has forwarded a copy of the report to the Hon Larry Anthony MP, Minister for Children's and Youth Affairs, as recommended in the report. The Minister has convened a think tank on the issues of workforce planning in children's services and the report has been provided to assist inform the work of the think tank.
Paid parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong
(Question No 403)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to paid parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong,
(1) Where is the Government up to with plans for paid parking in Belconnen and Tuggeranong;
(2) Has a decision been made on which method of paid parking will be implemented;
(3) When will residents in (a) Belconnen and (b) Tuggeranong begin paying for parking;
(4) Can a detailed list of the areas that will be subject to paid parking in (a) Belconnen and (b) Tuggeranong be provided;
(5) How much money has been expended on this project to date.
Mr Wood: The answers to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The consultation process for this project has now been completed. Detailed implementation drawings are currently being finalised. A Request for Tender for the purchase and installation of parking machines is expected to be advertised on 29 March 2003.
(2) Ticket (voucher) machines will be used as the method of payment for parking fees.