Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 708 ..
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Yes, Roads ACT has completed the assessment of safety and residential amenity
of Dumas Street in McKellar using the Department's Traffic Warrants System.
(2) The assessment is already completed.
(3) This work was undertaken as part of normal Roads ACT business within current
(4) Dumas Street carries a daily traffic of 2400 vehicles. The results of a recent
speed survey indicate that 85% of vehicles travel at a speed of 68km/h or less.
Two injury and 12 property damage crashes occurred in the last five year period
on Dumas Street. Using the warrants system Dumas Street was ranked at
number 84 out of 210 similar streets in the ACT, in relation to priority for traffic
management measures. Based on these results Roads ACT has no immediate
plans for traffic management measures on Dumas Street.
(5) There has not been many complaints about traffic hazards in Dumas Street
(6) The assessment identified that the need and priority for any works on Dumas
Street is low.
Canberra Institute of Technology-heating
(Question No 405)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Education, upon notice, on 4 March 2003:
In relation to the heating of classrooms at the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT):
(1) Is it correct that the CIT heats classrooms on its campuses during normal business hours but does not heat classrooms for night time classes?
(2) If yes, why?
(3) Could you please detail the cost of heating for the last 12 months of each CIT campus?
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Stefaniak's question is:
(2) Not applicable.