Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2017) . . Page.. 3435 ..
Forum (CMCF), which is an active stakeholder. An online booking system is planned for the 2018 Festival, to improve equity and ease of access for performers.
In addition, the establishment of the Multicultural Advisory Council will provide further opportunities for communication and collaboration with stakeholders from the broader multicultural community.
(Question No 348)
Ms Lee asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 9 June 2017 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Urban Renewal):
(1) How many containers are being relocated from Westside Container Village to Stromlo.
(2) What other infrastructure is being relocated to Stromlo.
(3) What is the cost of relocating the containers currently at Westside Container Village.
(4) How many containers are being placed in storage.
(5) What will be the cost of that storage and where is it located.
(6) What is the cost of remediation of the Westside Village site.
(7) When will the work be completed.
(8) What is the overall financial cost of the Westside Container Village from initial planning to deconstruction.
(9) How long will the containers be used as temporary retail space in Stromlo Forest.
(10) Will the Government be constructing any additional infrastructure in the Stromlo Forest Park to support the relocated container village, such as additional parking, or installing new utility connections; if so, how much will the Government be spending on this infrastructure.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Two 40 foot containers will be relocated as part of the visitor facilities hub. One 20 foot container, which is fitted out as an office, is also being considered for relocation for use by Stromlo Venue Manager.
(2) Five of the seven roof bays and most of the top podium decking are being relocated. The deck will be re-constructed about half a metre above existing ground level and not at the height of three containers, as is currently the case.
(3) The LDA Board approved a budget of up to $813,000 to deconstruct the container village, reinstate the Westside area in accordance with NCA requirements and re-establish part of the facility at Stromlo Forest Park.