Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 11 May 2017) . . Page.. 1848 ..
(3) A tender process is underway. The selected tenderer will undertake design work, with construction expected to commence in October 2017. The school is expected to be ready for use at the start of the 2019 school year.
(4) Each year the Education Directorate works with agencies across government to prepare five year enrolment projection for all public schools, including schools in Gungahlin, to provide the government with an indication of expected changes in school enrolment demand. The government has made significant investment in new and expanded schools in Gungahlin and has committed further investment during the current term.
(Question No 149)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Urban Renewal, upon notice, on 24 March 2017:
(1) Further to question on notice No 13, can the Minister update the total amount spent by the ACT Government in support of the Westside Village located at West Basin since its establishment.
(2) Can the Minister update the total amount spent to date on (a) infrastructure works at the site, (b) site improvements or enhancements, including water and electricity upgrades, (c) external contractors, including event specialists, (d) advertising, (e) the salary and on-costs of any public servants working in support of the Westside Village and (f) preparation for the closure of the Westside Village.
(3) What is the proposed timetable and the expected cost to clean up the site after the closure of the Westside Village.
(4) How many traders continue to operate at Westside Village.
(5) How many traders have left the Westside Village since its establishment.
(6) What is the total amount received in commercial rent for the period since the Village was established until 1 January 2017.
(7) What is the total amount received in peppercorn rent since 1 January 2017 to date.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) As at 30 April 2017 the total amount spent by the ACT Government on Westside Village was $1,962,092 (excluding GST). This excludes salary and on costs as outlined in 2(e) below.
(2) Breakdown of expenditure as at 30 April 2017 (unless otherwise stated). All values exclude GST:
a. Infrastructure works at site including professional fees: $1,266,607. This is a reduction of $45,765 from what was previously reported in response to QON 13 of 16 December 2016 due to:
• $24,773 was reversed from accrued expenditure as a vendor failed to meet its contractual obligations as per the Lease Surrender conditions;