Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 15 October 2009) . . Page.. 4644 ..
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The member should note that the response covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services, not just the Minister for Disability and Housing portfolio area.
(a) The amount budgeted in 2009-10 for advertising and marketing for the:
• Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services is $212,000 comprising $85,000 for advertising and $127,000 for marketing; and
• National Multicultural Festival is $80,000 comprising $20,000 for advertising and $60,000 for marketing.
(i)-(v) Information on all contracts and consultancies is available in detail in each year’s Annual Report. The material for 2009-10 will be provided in that year’s Annual Report for the Department.
(b) The amount budgeted in 2009-10 for hospitality for the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services is $156,000.
Courts—community service orders
(Question No 260)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Corrections, upon notice, on 18 August 2009 (redirected to the Attorney General):
(1) How many sentences involving community service orders did the ACT (a) Magistrates Court, (b) Supreme Court and (c) Court of Appeal hand down (i) each year from 2001-02 to 2007-08 and (ii) for the period 1 July 2008 to 31 March 2009.
(2) How is completion of community service order sentences monitored.
(3) How many offenders (a) were given early release from and (b) failed to complete their community service order sentences for each of the periods referred to in part (1).
(4) What action was taken in relation to those failures.
(5) What is the process used to release offenders once they have completed their community service orders.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) (a) In 2001-02 – 164
In 2002-03 – 165
In 2003-04 – 145
In 2004-05 – 166
In 2005-06 – 174
In 2006-07 – 136
In 2007-08 – 222
In 2008-09 (to 31/03/09) – 170