Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 15 October 2009) . . Page.. 4643 ..
Answers to questions
Public service—travel costs
(Question No 251)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 18 August 2009:
(1) How much has been budgeted in 2009-10 for (a) interstate and (b) overseas travel in the Minister’s department.
(2) Are any trips planned for 2009-10; if so, what are the details.
(3) What are the objectives of the trips referred to in part (2).
(4) Who from the Minister’s (a) office and (b) department will participate in the trips referred to in part (2).
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. $272,319 for TAMS
$303,630 for Shared Services (including InTACT).
All Travel is scrutinised by Executive Directors and the Chief Executive.
TAMS currently only has one budget item for Travel. International Travel is not separated.
2. Interstate Travel is conducted for officers within the Department to attend National Jurisdictional Meetings, Training Courses and Conferences. This travel is booked on an as needs basis.
3. The objective of these meetings is to ensure the ACT is represented at National Cross Jurisdictional meetings.
(a) The Minister identifies appropriate officers from within his office to attend interstate meetings.
(b) Departmental Officers only participate in Interstate Travel when approved by the Chief Executive or relevant Executive Director.
(Question No 254)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Disability and Housing, upon notice, on 18 August 2009:
How much has been budgeted in 2009-10 in the Minister’s department for (a) advertising and marketing including details of (i) costs, (ii) length of contract, (iii) name of contractor, (iv) services provided and (v) how they will be awarded, for any planned advertising and marketing contracts and (b) hospitality.