Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 10 Hansard (25 September) . . Page.. 3812 ..
(2) The project is now expected to be completed in mid November 2003.
(3) The total estimated cost of the project is $170,000 and a Commonwealth Grant will provide $142,202 of funding.
(4) Expenditure to the end of August 2003 was $70,000.
(Question No 933)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Library refurbishments and further to your reply to Question on notice No 851:
(1) You indicated in your response to Mr Smyth that $540,000 has been allocated for the refurbishment of Woden Library, has work on this refurbishment started, if so, when did it begin, if not, when will it begin;
(2) What works will be involved in the $540,000 refurbishment;
(3) How will this refurbishment impact on the shopfront in the area, ie will there be any interruptions due to the library refurbishment;
(4) When is this refurbishment expected to be completed.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The design stage of the refurbishment commenced on 5 August 2003.
(2) The refurbishment works will include; an upgrade of customer service areas, improved customer access areas for the heritage library, improved conservation / preservation needs in the heritage library, an upgrade of the public toilets, an upgrade to the children's area and improvements to the library layout.
(3) The library refurbishment will not impact the services provided by the Shopfront or have any impact on the Shopfront area.
(4) The refurbishment is expected to be complete by end June 2004.
(Question No 972)
Mrs Burke asked the following Ministers, upon notice:
*970 Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services
*971 Minister for Community Affairs
*972 Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services
In relation to the portfolio/s under your control: