Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1452 ..
(2) As at 31 December no monies had been expended on both of these projects. Will they be completed as scheduled by June 2003 or will the funding be rolled over into the next financial year;
(3) If the funding is rolled over can the Minister guarantee that it will be spent on the two projects listed in (1) above, if not, why not.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) (a) Gorman House - Work has commenced at Gorman House on priority upgrades identified in consultation with Gorman House management. These are:
a contract for $40,000 has been awarded for new theatre seating in Choreographic Centre to meet BCA and OH&S requirements;
a contract for $26,000 has been awarded for paving under walkways;
the tender has closed for new theatre seats at Canberra Youth Theatre to meet BCA and OH&S requirements;
a range of minor work has been approved;
design work for alterations to cafÃ© and a theatre space is underway.
A total of $95,442 has been committed to this project as at 8 April 2003.
(b) Manuka Arts Centre - The relocation of radio station ArtSound to Manuka Arts Centre is a complex project with a number of technical issues to be resolved.
A design study based on the technical requirements of ArtSound has been completed at a cost of $9,900. There are insufficient funds this financial year for a full relocation so a phased relocation is being investigated. This will involve further design and documentation.
(2) Gorman House - All funds for this project will be committed this financial year, with all works due to be completed by end July 2003.
Manuka Arts Centre - The remaining funds from this financial year will be rolled over to 2003-04.
(3) Manuka Arts Centre - Should phased relocation be feasible all rolled over funds will be expended on this project.
(Question No 528)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 1 April 2003:
In relation to events at Canberra Stadium: