Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1451 ..
(2) Yes, the Housing Advisory Council, Community Sector reference groups and several residents' committees.
National Hockey Centre
(Question No 526)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 1 April 2003:
In relation to upgrades to the National Hockey Centre at Lyneham:
1. Can the Minister provide details about a scheduled meeting between the ACT Government and the Prime Minister's Department regarding funds to upgrade the National Hockey Centre at Lyneham?
2. Will funding be forthcoming, if not, why not, if so, are details of the amount available?
3. Have you received advice from Hockey ACT about the visitor number and economic benefits of the Champions Trophy being held in Canberra in 2005?
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. On 17 February 2003, officers of Sport and Recreation ACT met with officers of the Office of Prime Minister and Cabinet to discuss potential funding opportunities from the Commonwealth for the capital works required for the National Hockey Centre to host the Champions Trophy in 2005. The Commonwealth undertook to consider this matter and to respond as soon as practicable.
2. The ACT Government is yet to receive a formal response from the Commonwealth, therefore details, if any, are not available.
Gorman House and Manuka Arts Centre
(Question No 527)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to upgrades to Gorman House and Manuka Arts Centre.
(1) Can the Minister advise if work has started on (a) upgrades and renewals at Gorman House, and (b) Manuka Arts Centre, if, so, what work has been undertaken and at what cost, if not, why not.