Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1423 ..
(6) Is the Minister satisfied that the person or persons who signed the contract on behalf of the Hungarian Club, complied with the terms and conditions of the Hungarian club, complied with the terms and conditions of the club's articles of association/incorporation;
(7) Did the Minister make any inquiries as to the terms and conditions for sale of the Hungarian club and its compliance with the club's articles of association/incorporation? If so what were those inquiries;
(8) Is the Minister satisfied the community consultation process was upheld.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) I do not know if a contract for the sale of the club has ever been executed. An application for Minister consent to transfer the lease was submitted on 3 September 2002. The application was refused on 23 September 2002 on the basis that the transferor did not meet the criteria to hold this particular lease.
(4) The application for Minister consent to transfer purported to transfer the lease from the Hungarian-Australian Club Limited to G E Shaw Associates Pty Ltd.
(5) As mentioned above I have not seen the contract for sale and therefore, I do not know if there is a contract and if so who signed it, when, and under what authority.
(6) These are not matters for me to consider.
(7) As per 6 above.
(8) In relation to the planning process - Yes
(Question No 501)
Mrs Cross asked the Treasurer, upon notice:
In relation to contingent liabilities:
(1) How are litigation costs expenses expressed in the Territory accounts and where are these costs located? Please itemise each of these costs.
(2) How are damages (liquidated and unliquidated) represented in the Territory accounts.
(3) Does Treasury require each Department and authority to stipulate in its annual reports any litigation it is engaged in. If not, why not. How is the cost of such litigation represented in the Territory reports.