Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1422 ..
Professor de Oliveira's accommodation was provided privately at no cost to the ACT government.
3. Minister Simon Corbell (as Minister for Education and Community Services) approved the visit of Professor de Oliveira in 2002 with a view to inspiring the youth and school sectors to evaluate their work in comparison to approaches used in Brazil.
Professor de Oliveira is a world expert on the issue of addressing the needs of marginalised young people. He has two doctorates (education and psychiatry) and is author of Working with Children on the Streets of Brazil. He is eminently qualified to speak to the youth and school sectors on youth at risk.
Professor de Oliveira undertook a variety of engagements for the department including a number of roundtable seminars for youth leaders in government and non-government agencies. He provided a number of workshops for the Youth Coalition, Health Promoting Schools Network, speaking engagements to principals, managers, directors and deputy principals in the department. He also provided a workshop to the Chief Minister's department.
Professor de Oliveira had a number of engagements outside of the Department of Education, Youth and Family Services including the Commonwealth Departments of Education, Science and Training and Family and Community Services, Australian National University, University of Canberra and Australian Catholic University.
The visit to the ACT by Professor de Oliveira was for 2 weeks.
4. The Assembly does not have guidelines for sponsoring visits by dignitaries. Visiting dignitaries and consultants are engaged by departments according to their own needs and procedures.
Australian Hungarian Club
(Question No 500)
Mrs Cross asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the sale of the Australian Hungarian Club.
(1) When was the contract for the sale of the club executed;
(2) Has the Minister been given a copy of the contract;
(3) Has the Minister seen a copy of the contract;
(4) Who are the parties (buyers and sellers) in the contract;
(5) Who signed the contract on behalf of the Hungarian Club;