Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1404 ..
(3) Can the Minister provide a list of projects and how much has been expended to date, if the projects are running to budget and to time schedule and if not running to budget or schedule, why not;
(4) Can the minister provide a list of any projects that have not been started to date and explain why they have not been started;
(5) Is there estimated to be an over spend, under spend or accurate expenditure (as listed in the Budget Papers) of the entire Capital Works Budget by the end of this financial year.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Total expenditure for the first half of the 2002-03 financial year was $35.702m. This represents 24.2% of the total funds available for expenditure of $147.237m (including budget deferrals, prior year unspent funds and variations to date).
(2) A list of the projects that were completed by 31 December 2002 is at Attachment 1. Of these projects, there is a collective underspend of $0.152m.
(3) Attachment 2 provides a list, as at December 2002, of expenditure to date of all Capital works projects.
A list of projects that will be delayed this financial year is at Attachment 4.
In many cases the reason of delay is due to the need for complex and prudent planning and design processes to be completed.
(4) The list of projects that had not incurred any expenditure is at Attachment 3. At this stage, most of these projects are expected to achieve their budgeted expenditure by the end of the financial year. The exceptions to these are at Attachment 4.
In many cases, there has been planning and tendering activity incurred on these projects that has not, as yet, translated into financial activity.
In other cases, there have been delays in design and tender processes that have pushed expenditure into the second half of the financial year.
Many of these projects were also not programmed for financial commencement until the second half of the financial year.
(5) The estimated 2002-03 capital works underspend is approximately $32m. This is detailed at Attachment 4.