Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1403 ..
(1) How much of the $250,000 allocated for the Economic White Paper has been expended to date;
(2) How much has it cost to prepare the Economic Discussion Paper;
(3) Are there any estimates of the cost of on completion of the Economic White Paper;
(4) When was the decision taken to release an Economic Discussion Paper before the actual Economic White Paper;
(5) Why has there been a delay in releasing the Economic White Paper;
(6) What do you hope to achieve through the Economic Discussion Paper.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) All of it.
(2) The cost of "Building Canberra's Economy: A Discussion Paper for the Economic White Paper"cannot be separated from the cost of developing the Economic White Paper. The cost of developing the Economic White Paper to date is $467,000, of which $250,000 was allocated in 2001-02 and $250,000 in 2002-03.
(3) The total cost for the Economic White Paper is estimated at $600,000.
(4) The decision to release a Discussion Paper before the Economic White Paper was taken in December 2002.
(5) The release of the Economic White Paper has been delayed to allow time for public comment on the Discussion Paper.
(6) Release of the Discussion Paper will raise awareness of the current features of the economy of the ACT and possible policy options for its future development. The paper seeks community and industry comment and feedback as part of the development of the Economic White Paper for the ACT.
(Question No 457)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer, upon notice:
In relation to the Capital Works Budget:
(1) How much of the 2002-03 Capital Works Budget has been expended to date;
(2) What projects in the Capital Works Budget have been completed, what was the total cost and was this cost under, over or on budget;