Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 807 ..
(2) Hydrotherapy services are a specialised operation and they are generally only offered within purpose built centres, where they include features such as higher water temperatures than at recreational pools. These include Koomarri Special School at O'Connor, Cranleigh Special School at Holt and Malkara Special School at Garran.
(3) The new Belconnen Pool is to include a specialised hydrotherapy pool. No other pools of this kind are envisaged.
(4) All ACT Government managed recreational pools are equipped with hoists.
(5) There has been one approach in relation to the possibility of a disabled hoist at the Gold Creek country Club pool for an individual in May 2002. My department is unaware of any other requests.
War protest by school students
(Question No 467)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 12 March 2003:
In relation to the student war protest on Wednesday, 5 March 2003:
(1) How many ACT school students were involved in the war protest on 5 March;
(2) How many ACT school students provided notes to schools allowing them permission from their parents to leave school grounds;
(3) Did all students who attended the protest return to their schools;
(4) Were any students injured during the protest;
(5) Were any teachers sent with students to chaperone during the protest, if so how many and from which schools.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) School records indicate that two hundred and thirty seven (237) ACT government school students were absent from school to attend the war protest on 5 March 2003.
(2) All two hundred and thirty seven (237) ACT government school students provided notes to schools giving parental permission to leave school grounds.
(3) The majority of the two hundred and thirty seven (237) students who attended the protest did not return to their schools. One secondary college indicated that students who had classes after the protest did return to college.