Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 713 ..
(4) The draft document also says: 'The Dickson properties, Dickson Flats (21 units) and Karuah Maisonettes (30 units), are in similar condition to the Lyneham properties and while not listed above should also be vacated and sold as soon as possible.' What is the status on the Dickson properties;
(5) The draft document says: 'Lyneham Flats, Dickson Flats and Kanangra Court all comprise bedsit units. This type of accommodation is no longer considered appropriate for public housing.' Will these properties be withdrawn for that reason, if not, why not, if so, when;
(6) Will any future new public housing stock comprise bedsit units;
(7) Has any property been earmarked for possible new public housing stock in Canberra;
(8) Will there be any new public housing stock (a) established or (b) planned for in Canberra before the October 2004 election.
Mr Wood: The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(2) The document was prepared as one of a series of drafts in the context of early Budget negotiations for the 2002-03 Budget, and not proceeded with.
(3) As stated in (2) the document referred to was a draft and has no status.
(4) See above.
(5) See above.
(7) It is not ACT Housing policy to reveal the site specific details of where it purchases. Since coming to Government, 214 properties have been acquired for public rental housing.
(Question No 412)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 5 March 2003:
In relation to consultants used to date this financial year:
(1) What was the (a) name of the consultant; (b) address of the consultant (c) cost of the consultancy and (d) service provided by the consultants.