Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 1 December 2022) . . Page.. 4199 ..
(1) environmental impact statement exemption request, since the consultation on the environmental impact statement exemption closed.
(2) When are these reports due.
(3) When will these reports be publicly available.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The planning and land authority (the Authority) is currently considering an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Exemption Application (EIS202100040) for Block 12, Section 1, Denman Prospect. At the draft EIS Exemption stage, a number of documents were publicly notified from 20 December 2021 to 10 February 2022. Documents included:
a. an Exemption Application Report,
b. Deferred Area Consideration Report,
c. Ecological Impact Assessment,
d. Salvage Artefacts Report,
e. Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC) Molonglo National Environmental Significance (NES) Plan Endorsements,
f. EPBC Strategic Assessment Approval Decision, and
g. Bushfire EDP1.
The Conservator of Flora and Fauna, ACT Fire and Rescue, ACT Emergency Services, and the ACT Heritage Council required, amongst other things, further investigations regarding the potential environmental impacts on Block 12 Section 1 Denman Prospect and on neighbouring blocks. In particular, the Conservator requires information regarding:
a. clarification on proposed works,
b. asset protection,
c. Pink-tailed Worm-lizard (Aprasia parapulchella) habitat,
d. Impacts on protected native flora and any off-site impacts.
(2) Comments from the Authority, entities and representations received during the public notification process were provided to the applicant for their response in the revised application submission. A Revised EIS Exemption was submitted to the Authority on 30 November 2022, which consisted of a number of reports that were updated from the draft stage, including:
a. the Exemption Application Report,
b. Ecological Impact Assessment,
c. Cultural Heritage Assessment and Statement of Heritage Effects, and
d. 7 additional documents, including a Site Audit Report, Environmental Protection Authority Site Audit, Interim Audit Advice Report, Contamination Report, Bushfire Protection Report, Final Consultation Report (with responses to public representations) and an Entity Comments Table.
The Authority has referred the revised EIS exemption application to relevant entities, with comments expected by 16 December 2022.
(3) The reports provided as part of the Revised EIS Exemption package for