Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 1 November 2018) . . Page.. 4788 ..
• Domestic Violence Crisis Service
• JACS Staff from ACT Corrections and Probation and Parole
• Galambany Magistrate, Dr Bernadette Boss
(6) No fees are charged to community groups. All requests for visits to the NBHF are booked at the discretion of the Service Manager, subject to the operational needs of the NBHF.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
(Question No 1884)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 21 September 2018:
(1) Can the Minister provide the exact number of sportsgrounds managed by the ACT Government for (a) irrigated sportsgrounds (b) non-irrigated sportsground, (c) hectares of irrigates sportsgrounds and (d) hectares of non-irrigated sportsgrounds.
(2) Can the Minister provide a list of each of the sportsgrounds referenced in part (1) and outline any routine maintenance schedules or planned upgrades for these facilities over the next 12 months.
(3) Can the Minister provide further details on the schedule of maintenance followed on the sportsgrounds referenced in part (1) for the two periods of programmed maintenance on natural turf sportsgrounds that occurs between 18-31 March and 17-30 September each year.
(4) Can the Minister provide detail on the number of requests received for sportsground use during the maintenance periods, which clubs or groups made the request and what the response was to each from Active Canberra.
(5) What are the criteria and policy guidelines to grant exemptions to sporting clubs to access sportsgrounds during the maintenance periods.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) (a) and (c) 884 irrigated individual playing fields for hire over 126 sites covering 280 hectares
(b) and (d) 29 non-irrigated neighbourhood ovals covering 160 hectares
(2) Please see attached a list of each individual sportsground referenced in part (1).Routine maintenance includes: mowing as required to maintain specified grass height; watering as required to maintain grass condition; aerating to elevate compaction; fertilising; preventative insecticide program; sportsground floodlighting maintenance program; sports field surveying and line marking.
Upgrades planned in 2018-19 include irrigation at Hawker District Playing Fields, pavilion upgrades at Waramanga and Yarralumla and lighting upgrades at Phillip and Nicholls.