Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 16 August 2018) . . Page.. 3181 ..
(3) Did the Chief Minister refer the matter to Cabinet before agreeing to the proposed restructure on 15 March 2018; if so, on what date did (a) the Chief Minister refer the matter to Cabinet and (b) Cabinet consider the matter; if not, why not.
(4) If Cabinet did not consider the proposed restructure before the Chief Minister agreed to it on 15 March 2018, did the Chief Minister refer the matter to Cabinet after he had agreed to it; if so, on what date did (a) he refer the matter to Cabinet and (b) Cabinet consider the matter; if not, why not.
(5) On what date did the Chief Minister first become aware that the former Director-General of the Health Directorate would be seeking other opportunities,
(6) Was the Chief Minister, at any time, involved in any discussions about the former Director-General’s attitude towards the restructure of the directorate and her future with the directorate; if so, (a) on what dates were those discussions held, (b) with whom were those discussion held, (c) what did the Chief Minister discern was the former Director-General’s attitude, (d) what scenarios were considered and (e) what conclusions were reached.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
a. The proposal was discussed at several points over some months prior to the decision.
b. The Minister for Health and Wellbeing, the Minister for Mental Health, and the Head of Service.
c. The brief from the Head of Service dated 15 March 2018 provided the rationale and the recommendation for the new governance arrangements. It provided a substantive analysis of the appropriateness of the structure of the ACT Health Directorate and drew on the report by PriceWaterhouseCoopers that considered the governance structures in place across all jurisdictions. The brief drew on the key finding in the PwC report that all jurisdictions other than the ACT have structurally separated their public hospital and health service delivery from the health system stewardship functions of their respective departments of health. I gave full consideration to the brief and my Ministerial colleagues’ views, and determined that I agreed with the brief’s recommendation to move forward with a proposed new governance structure for the ACT Health Directorate.
d. See response to question 1c.
e. See response to question 1c.
f. The signed brief was returned to the Head of Service for action.
g. 15 March 2018
(2) The brief of 15 March 2018 was the formal briefing. See the response to question 1c.
a. Not applicable.
b. Not applicable.
c. Not applicable.
d. Not applicable.