Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 7 June 2018) . . Page.. 2282 ..
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There are a number of groups that support the cultural capability of organisations, these include:
(a) Companion House, Interaction Consulting Group and Special Broadcasting Service (SBS).
(b) Companion House delivers ‘Working with Families of Refugees’ and ‘Fundamentals of Working Cross Culturally’
Interaction Consulting Group delivers – Engaging with Different Cultures
SBS offers a Cultural Competence Program e-Learning package.
(2) Community Services Directorate (CSD) staff are able to enrol in the Companion House, Interaction Consulting Group and SBS Cultural Competence Programs e-Learning package to build their cultural awareness. CSD may also engage specific trainers to meet business requirements. The Translating and Interpreting Service is available for interpreting services on a case by case basis. It is ACT Government policy to use professional interpreters when speaking with people who have difficulty communicating in English.
(3) The ACT Multicultural Framework 2015 – 2020 (Framework) details actions and outcomes to improve access to ACT Government services by the culturally and linguistically diverse community in the ACT. Annually, each ACT Directorate contributes to reporting on delivery of the ACT Multicultural Framework in the form of a Ministerial Statement I table in the Assembly. The most recent Ministerial Statement was tabled in September 2017 and indicated work is ongoing.
ACTION bus service—coverage service routes
(Question No 1295)
Miss C Burch asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 13 April 2018:
(1) Can the Minister provide a geographical breakdown of all Coverage Service bus routes.
(2) How many passengers use Coverage Service bus routes (a) as a single journey and (b) in conjunction with a transfer to or from another service.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The geographical breakdown of all Coverage Service bus routes is available on the Transport Canberra website at: https://www.transport.act.gov.au/routes-and-timetables/timetables/routes-by-suburb. The table below identifies all routes identified as a coverage services.