Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 7 June 2018) . . Page.. 2262 ..
Eight complaints were received after the event; seven between 06.23hrs to 11.49hrs (18 March 2018) and one at 09.13hrs (19 March 2018).
(c) Following the 01.15hrs complaint an Environment Protection Officer (EPO) attended the source of the noise and investigated the complaint. The EPO worked with event organisers to have the noise levels lowered to ensure compliance with the Noise Zone Standards. The EPO then proceeded to drive around the area and adjoining properties to ensure the noise complied with the noise standards. Following the 05.00hrs complaint, the EPO notified event organisers and requested the noise levels be reduced further.
(d) The EPO attended the site on 18 March 2018 between the hours of 01.50hrs and 03.09hrs. EPO sent a notification to event organisers at 05.00hrs requesting the noise be reduced further.
(e) As a result of complaints received by Access Canberra during the event, the EPO worked with event organisers to have the noise levels lowered and ensure compliance with the Noise Zone Standards during the event. The EPO proceeded to drive around the site and adjoining properties to ensure the noise levels complied with the Noise Zone Standards and was not the dominant noise.
(f) The EPO responded to complaints by phone during the event at the time the complaints were received. Access Canberra advised complainants after the event that the EPO attended the site during the event to bring the noise into compliance.
(9) (a) (b) The Government clarified with Art, Not Apart organisers that the Tech Yes event was not part of the Government’s funding agreement for the festival. In the lead up to the Tech Yes event, Access Canberra advised the event organisers that although no regulatory approvals were required to hold the event, noise standards remained in place.
(10) The Government understood the Tech Yes event was part of the Art, Not Apart festival program.
(11) The Government is not able to speculate on the public perception of the Tech Yes event.
(12) The Tech Yes event was included in the 2018 Art, Not Apart program which was publicly available on its website.
(13) The Government has a three-year funding agreement to 2019 with the organiser to stage the Art, Not Apart festival at the New Acton precinct. This will remain in place while all conditions and reporting requirements of the funding agreement are met.
ACT Health—data review
(Question No 1270)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 13 April 2018:
(1) Has the ACT Health system-wide data review been completed.