Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 12 April 2018) . . Page.. 1426 ..
activities undertaken, types of facilities and management arrangements. Purdon Planning was also asked to identify gaps in the current provision of sheds and to suggest ways the government could support the development of men’s sheds.
8. There are no specific government requirements concerning men’s sheds.
However, the AMSA have defined Men’s Sheds for the purpose of deciding which organisations are eligible for membership. This definition is detailed in AMSA’s Membership By-Laws.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Municipal services—public libraries
(Question No 952)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) Are there any plans for any new public libraries to be built in the ACT; if so, where.
(2) Are there any plans for a public library to be built in the Weston Creek/Molonglo district.
(3) How is it decided where new public libraries are built.
(4) What would it cost for the Government to build a new public library in the Weston Creek/Molonglo area.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There are no current plans for any new public libraries in the ACT.
(2) There are no current plans for a public library to be built in the Weston Creek/Molonglo district.
(3) New libraries are generally built where a majority of people shop or use other community facilities such as town and group centres. The distance from other libraries is also considered. There are no formal standards relating to where a library is situated.
(4) This is unknown.
(Question No 953)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) Which ACT public schools have been determined for the closed circuit television (CCTV) camera trial.