Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 22 March 2018) . . Page.. 1070 ..
(3) When was the installation of transportable classrooms commissioned.
(4) What is the cost of installing each transportable classroom.
(5) What is the estimated lifespan of a transportable classroom.
(6) What was the criteria for determining a transportable classroom was needed.
(7) What data or information is examined prior to the decision to install transportable classrooms.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There are two transportable buildings at Aranda Primary School.
(2) For capacity planning purposes an average of 25 students are nominally accommodated in each learning space. Standard transportable classrooms are designed to accommodate up to 30 students.
(3) Transportable class rooms were installed at Aranda Primary School in 2001 and in 2017 for the start of the 2018 school year.
(4) The record of the cost of the delivery of the transportable building 2001 is not available.
The total project budget for the delivery the transportable building in 2017 was $1.0 million excluding GST.
(5) The estimated lifespan of a transportable classroom building is 15-20 years. This is largely dependent on building use, level of maintenance and the number of times the building is relocated.
(6) Transportable classroom buildings are provided where short to medium term school capacity is insufficient to meet student enrolment demand from within the school Priority Enrolment Area (PEA).
(7) The major information sources considered leading up to the decision to install a transportable classroom buildings include:
a) Enrolment projections prepared annually by the Directorate which give a forward indication of enrolment demand for all schools;
b) School Census data with particular attention paid to the PEA status of current and prospective enrolments; and
c) School site information to ensure adequate space for buildings, outdoor play and capacity of building services.
d) School community feedback.
(Question No 956)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 23 February 2018: