Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 22 March 2018) . . Page.. 1069 ..
(2) For capacity planning purposes an average of 25 students are nominally accommodated in each primary learning space and 19 students accommodated in each secondary school learning space. Standard transportable classrooms are designed to accommodate up to 30 students.
(3) The first transportable classroom at Amaroo School was provided for the commencement of the 2005 school year. The other transportable classroom buildings have been progressively added since that time.
(4) The cost of installing a new single level two learning space transportable classroom building is generally in the range of $0.6 - $1.0million. However the cost is variable and is influenced by:
a) Number of buildings being purchased and market conditions at the time of procurement of the buildings;
b) Whether the building is new or being relocated from another site;
c) Whether the building is single or double storey;
d) If the building is being relocated, the level of building refurbishment required;
e) The extent of other works required such as infrastructure services augmentation and associated works including supplementation of existing parking provision, and additional shade structures and outdoor play areas.
(5) The estimated lifespan of a transportable classroom building is 15-20 years. This is largely dependent on building use, level of maintenance and the number of times the building is relocated.
(6) Transportable classroom buildings are provided where short to medium term school capacity is insufficient to meet student enrolment demand from within the school Priority Enrolment Area (PEA).
(7) The major information sources considered leading up to the decision to install a transportable classroom buildings are:
a) Enrolment projections prepared annually by the Directorate which give a forward indication of enrolment demand for all schools;
b) School Census data with particular attention paid to the PEA status of current and prospective enrolments; and
c) School site information to ensure adequate space for buildings, outdoor play and capacity of building services.
d) School community feedback.
(Question No 955)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many transportable classrooms have been installed at Aranda School.
(2) How many students can be accommodated in a transportable classroom.