Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5528 ..
ACTION bus service—ticketing system
(Question No 792)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) What is the scope of Transport Canberra’s upcoming review on the Ticketing, Fares and Refund Policy.
(2) When is the review scheduled to be completed.
(3) Is the review being undertaken by an independent third-party, or will an independent third-party be involved in the review process in any capacity; if so, can the Minister provide the (a) name of the successful contractor, (b) value of the contract and (c) scope of the contract.
(4) Will the findings of the review be made public; if so, when and where will they be published.
(5) Will the review address instances where minors are refused admittance to a bus due to missing or damaged MyWay cards.
(6) Does Transport Canberra keep data on incidents where drivers have been found to have breached or acted inconsistently with any Transport Canberra policy; if so, can the Minister provide a breakdown of the total number of incidents by type in (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17 and (c) 2017-18 to date.
(7) What counselling or other remedial training is provided to Transport Canberra drivers who have been found to have breached or acted inconsistently with the Ticketing, Fares and Refund Policy.
(8) Are there any follow up procedures in place to ensure counselled drivers follow the Ticketing, Fares and Refund Policy, or further remedial measures should a driver continue to breach the policy; if so, can the Minister outline the procedures.
(9) What is Transport Canberra’s policy on minors requesting patronage with a damaged or missing MyWay card or other reasonable excuse.
(10) Does Transport Canberra keep data on incidents where minors are refused admittance to a bus due to missing or damaged MyWay cards; if so, can the Minster provide the total number of incidents in (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17, and (c) 2017-18 to date.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The policy is being reviewed internally as part of a review of Transport Canberra Operational policies.
(2) November 2017.