Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 21 September 2017) . . Page.. 4159 ..
(6) Did the Government take out any additional insurances, given the nature of the performances; if so, what (a) additional insurances were secured and (b) was the cost; if not, why not.
(7) Did the Government, as the company’s sponsor, ensure engagement of the company’s personnel complied with all relevant Australian laws and union requirements relating but not limited to employment and taxation laws, and hospital and medical insurance.
(8) In relation to the answer to part (4) of question on notice No 372, how many people attended the company’s performance given on 10 March 2017.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) No. The company was proposed by the Creative Director of Enlighten Canberra (Contractor) as part of the curator program of free outdoor entertainment for Enlighten 2017.
(3) Yes. As part of the event approval process for land use of Parliamentary Triangle all documents relating to the scheduled performance (including all infrastructure, equipment and schedule for technical set up, rehearsals and performance) were provided to the National Capital Authority (NCA).
(4) No, not directly. A contractor with the relevant licenses (rigging, crane operation and pyrotechnics) was engaged. Worksafe ACT was consulted and inspected the performance setup to ensure that all regulations were met.
(6) No, as part of the performance agreement the Company (Theater Tol) is required to maintain adequate insurances for the nature of activity engaged for.
(8) The overall attendance at Enlighten on 10 March 2017 was estimated at 50,000 people. Of this approximately 20,000 people viewed the company’s performance.
ACT Fire & Rescue—firefighter numbers
(Question No 515)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 25 August 2017:
(1) In relation to question on notice E17-418, when was the previous two times the modelling to determine firefighter numbers of the ACT was reviewed, prior to March 2016.
(2) What are the details of the March 2016 review of the modelling to determine firefighter numbers in the ACT.