Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 14 September 2017) . . Page.. 3828 ..
(3) Was assistance required from outside the ministry because Ministers were travelling overseas or on leave; if so, can the Treasurer list the Ministers who were either (a) travelling overseas or (b) on leave, when a pre-Budget announcement was made.
(4) Was consideration given to an acting Minister making an announcement rather than a non-Executive Member.
(5) Can the Treasurer provide a list of the organisations which were advised of funding allocations prior to the official release of the 2017-2018 Budget and the budget measures that each organisation received information about.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Decisions regarding all 2017-18 funded Budget initiatives were the subject of Cabinet deliberations.
(2) Tara Cheyne, Bec Cody, Michael Pettersson, Suzanne Orr, Chris Steel and Joy Burch all accompanied Ministers for pre-Budget announcements relevant to their electorates.
(3) Not applicable, see above.
(4) All organisations which were affected by pre-Budget announcements were informed at the time an announcement was made. Details of these individual announcements are contained in the media releases issued by Ministers, which can be found on the Open Government site: http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/open_government/inform/act_government_media_releases/latest_minister_media_releases
Environment Protection Authority—commissioner
(Question No 583)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Regulatory Services, upon notice, on 25 August 2017:
(1) What is the timeframe for the Environment Protection Authority Commissioner to be appointed.
(2) What is the recruitment process for the appointment of the Environment Protection Authority Commissioner.
(3) Who will determine who is appointed to the role of the Environment Protection Authority Commissioner.
(4) What will be the powers and responsibilities of the Environment Protection Authority Commissioner.
(5) How will the role of Environment Protection Authority Commissioner differ from that of the Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment.
(6) How will the role of Environment Protection Authority Commissioner differ from that of the current head of the Environmental Protection Authority.