Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 14 September 2017) . . Page.. 3810 ..
(5) How many incidences.
(6) What is the nature of these incidences.
(7) What damage has been done to the property.
(8) How much is it costing the Government to have the 24/7 security on the property (a) weekly and (b) since it was instigated.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The Ngunnawal Bush Healing Farm is remote from other ACT Government facilities and support and security presence will protect the ACT Government asset.
2. There is one security officer stationed on the site 24/7, providing security services including perimeter patrols and to act as a general deterrent to trespassers and vandals.
3. The security presence was started at the handover of the facility to ACT Health in November 2016.
4. Since November 2016 there have been seven security breaches.
5. There have been seven incidents reported.
6. The nature of the incidents were:
a. Three instances of illegal shooting on the wider property. Two were reported to Parks and Conservation service and one was reported to the Police.
b. Gates at the rear of the property have been damaged twice.
c. Three motion activated cameras have been stolen from the back of the property.
d. A guard was “spotlighted” and verbally abused by persons in a vehicle trying to enter the property illegally.
7. Damage occurred to property gates, including replacing a chain and rehanging.
8. In regards to the cost:
a. Based upon full month invoices from December 2016 to May 2017, the average weekly cost is $7991.75. The reason for the original approximate figure is due to weekly variations with public holidays, attracting higher invoice costs.
b. The total costs from November 2016 until May 2017are $214,112.38.
Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders—family group conferencing
(Question No 472)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, upon notice, on 18 August 2017:
(1) Did the Family Group Conferencing pilot project go out to tender.