Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 14 September 2017) . . Page.. 3793 ..
(Question No 448)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 4 August 2017:
(1) In relation to suburban safety and maintenance, have there been any traffic studies conducted in the last 10 years for (a) Delamere Street, Hawker, (b) Bingle Street, Flynn, (c) Tillyard Drive, (d) Kuringa Drive and (e) Copland Drive; if so, how many traffic studies were conducted and in which years did they take place.
(2) What was the nature of the study and what were the findings of all the traffic studies conducted (if any) for each of the locations listed in part (1) for the past 10 years?
(3) Are there any current traffic studies being conducted in the locations listed in part (1); if so, (a) what is the nature of the study and (b) when will the traffic study be completed and when will the results be released.
(4) Are there any plans to conduct traffic studies in the locations listed in part (1); if so, when will the studies commence; if not, why not.
(5) How often has street monitoring been conducted in each suburb of the Ginninderra electorate for the last 10 years.
(6) What is the nature of the street monitoring undertaken.
(7) What steps are taken to improve streets when findings have been reported as a result of the street monitoring.
(8) Has any street monitoring been conducted over the last 10 years for Delamere Street, Hawker; if so, what are the dates of the street monitoring conducted and what were the findings of the street monitoring; if not, why not.
(9) Are there any plans to monitor and prevent street hooning behaviour and speeding on Delamere Street, Hawker; if so, what are the details of these plans and when will they be implemented; if not, why not.
(10) Are there any plans to reduce speed and frequency of traffic on Delamere Street, Hawker by (a) installing speed-controlling infrastructure like speed humps and or chicanes, (b) closing the street at the playing fields when not used and at night; if so, when will these plans be implemented; if not, why not and what alternative measures will be taken to improve safety along this street by reducing speed and frequency of traffic.
(11) In relation to Tillyard Drive, are there any plans to (a) monitor the number of heavy vehicles that drive down this road daily, (b) reduce traffic noise caused by heavy vehicles, (c) increase road maintenance due to amplified road wear by heavy vehicles, (d) increase road safety due to frequency of heavy vehicles; if so, what do the plans detail and when will they be implemented; if not, why not and what measures will be taken to address issues of traffic noise, the need for increased road maintenance and road safety due to the volume of heavy vehicles.