Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 14 September 2017) . . Page.. 3791 ..
(c) A slow fluid leak from the ceiling was discovered in the MRI preparation room. It was determined the fluid contained nitrates, indicating the presence of urine. A plumbing issue was discovered and repaired. No notices were issued.
(d) In Ward 12B a circuit breaker tripped causing a loud noise to emanate. An electrical failure in the Sterilizing unit located. The unit was tagged out of service and then repaired. No further action required by WorkSafe. No notices were issued.
(e) Several Nitrous Oxide gas cylinder bottles fell from a pallet while being moved within the plant room. A full inspection of the plant room revealed other safety issues. Inspectors revisited on 25 August with all remediation completed to the satisfaction of WorkSafe. No notices were issued.
(f) A kitchen fire occurred during food preparation. No workers were injured. ACT Fire and Rescue attended and extinguished the fire. TCH investigated the cause in consultation with the manufacturer of the kitchen appliance. No further action required by WorkSafe. No notices were issued.
(a) No notices were issued by WorkSafe ACT in relation to the above incidents.
(b) Not applicable.
(c) Not applicable.
(d) No other actions were warranted in relation to the incidents.
(e) All recommendations provided to TCH and ACT Health by WorkSafe ACT in relation to the specific incidents was actioned with no ongoing safety issues evident.
Government—ex gratia payments
(Question No 447)
Mr Doszpot asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 4 August 2017 (redirected to the Treasurer):
(1) When were the Ex gratia Guidelines first made available to the public.
(2) Is there a process for applying for an ex gratia payment under the Financial Management Act.
(3) How many applications for ex gratia payments have been made in the past five years.
(4) How many applications for ex gratia payments have been granted in the past five years.
(5) What is the value of these payments.
(6) Are records of all ex gratia payments made public.