Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2017) . . Page.. 3458 ..
b. Connection of Beltana Road to the wider cycle/pedestrian network through improvements to the network as part of Majura Parkway (Action 5.1 of the Master Plan); and
c. Improvements to the wider network, connecting Pialligo and the Majura Park Shopping Centre, with a new path provided along Fairbairn Avenue and Majura Road.
In addition to this, the ACT Government continues to support the delivery of the Pialligo Master Plan by allocating funds in the 2017/18 Budget to construct the culvert upgrade to Pialligo Creek (Action 6.1 of the Master Plan) to help prevent flooding of land and properties in the future.
(2) TCCS will continue to monitor and progress implementation of the Master Plan.
(3) In 2015, the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate implemented key planning recommendations from the Pialligo Master Plan, through a variation to the Territory Plan (TPV321). Variation 321 introduced a revised Precinct Code to provide clear planning and design guidance for future development in Pialligo, while protecting the agricultural character and activities that exist in the precinct.
(4) The draft variation to the Territory Plan (DV321) that implemented the key planning recommendations from the Pialligo Master Plan was released for community engagement between May and June 2014. This included engagement with local residents and stakeholders in Pialligo.
(5) An estimate of costs has not been developed at this stage.
(6) In the 2017-18 Budget, the ACT Government allocated an additional $4m over the next four years to provide footpath and cycling improvements. This is in addition to ongoing funding for path upgrades and maintenance.
City Renewal Agency—projects
(Question No 378)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 4 August 2017 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) Why was In the City Canberra’s funding transferred to the City Renewal Agency.
(2) What role will In the City Canberra now play following the transfer of its funds to the City Renewal Authority.
(3) How much has been raised by the City Centre Marketing Improvements Levy and how much is currently available for distribution.
(4) What areas will be the beneficiaries of this levy.
(5) How will it be disbursed.
(6) What percentage of current funds have been paid by Braddon property and business owners.