Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2017) . . Page.. 3454 ..
(4) How much has it cost to remove graffiti both last year and in total since the Belconnen Owl was built.
(5) What other options were considered to protect the Belconnen Owl and why were they considered to be not as good as the installation of CCTV cameras.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(a) Two cameras are planned for installation on the owl artwork itself. One camera is also planned for installation on the corner of Belconnen and Benjamin Way as part of a trial of new CCTV technology.
(b) Installation of the single camera will be approximately $750 excluding GST. Installation of the two cameras is included in the capital cost advised in (3).
(2) The CCTV system on the owl artwork will constantly be monitored by a third party provider at a cost of $32 excluding GST per month.
(3) Total capital cost is $6,305 excluding GST. Recurrent cost $78 excluding GST per month which includes monitoring and services.
(4) $3,050 excluding GST was spent to remove graffiti in 2016-17 and in total.
(5) Other options to protect the Belconnen Owl included increased ACT Policing patrols of the area to reduce the likelihood of vandalism on the artwork. Local street artists were also contacted however, these artists were not aware of the responsible person so diversionary measures have not been actioned.
(Question No 372)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 4 August 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Tourism and Major Events):
(1) Further to the answer to question on notice No 340 concerning a payment to Theater TOL VZW for airfares, (a) what was the cost for accommodation and (b) where was accommodation provided.
(2) In relation to the payment referred to in part (1), what was the cost for (a) performance fees, (b) meals and incidentals and (c) other expenses.
(3) Where and on what dates did the company perform.
(4) How many people attended each performance.
(5) Were tickets sold; if not, why not; if so, how much revenue was raised from ticket sales from each performance.
(6) How many complimentary tickets were issued for each performance.