Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2017) . . Page.. 3440 ..
(Question No 350)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 9 June 2017:
(1) Will the Light Rail Network feature any advertising or commercial signage; if so, which sections of the Light Rail network will feature advertising or commercial signage.
(2) What are the details and parameters for advertising or commercial signage (a) inside the vehicle, (b) outside the vehicle, (c) at stations and (d) along the route.
(3) Given the business case did not appear to factor in revenue from advertising or make mention of advertising or commercial signage (a) when was the decision made to add advertising or commercial signage and (b) what is the forecast revenue from potential advertising or commercial signage.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There is no advertising or commercial signage planned for the Light Rail Network at this time.
(2) There are no current plans for advertising.
(3) As no decision has been made to include advertising or commercial signage, no revenue is forecast.
(Question No 351)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 9 June 2017:
(1) What is the status of the development of Entertainment Precincts (EPs).
(2) What is the expected timeline for the implementation of EPs.
(3) Will the EPs be implemented through the Territory Plan; if so, how.
(4) What potential EPs been identified.
(5) What are the expected purposes for EPs.
(6) Will EPs address broader issues or be restricted to dealing only with noise restrictions.
(7) Will EPs address (a) exclusion of residential development, (b) restrictions on forms of commercial enterprise, (c) urban design and (d) future investment in landscaping and urban activation.