Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2017) . . Page.. 3411 ..
Answers to questions
(Question No 181)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 12 May 2017:
(1) When was the Traffic Warrants System (TWS) was last updated.
(2) When is the next update to the TWS scheduled.
(3) Can the Minister provide an update to the status of the following possible future works listed on the online version of the TWS (a) Ranking 1 – Maribyrnong Avenue (Baldwin Drive to Baldwin Drive), Kaleen, (b) Ranking 5 – Hambridge Crescent (Isabella Drive to Goldstein Crescent), Chisholm, (c) Ranking 8 – Heagney Crescent (Hambidge Crescent to Clift Crescent), Chisholm, (d) Ranking 10 – Castleton Crescent (Bugden Avenue to Bugden Avenue), Gowrie, (e) Ranking 17 – Copland Drive (Moynihan Street to Owen Dixon Drive), Evatt, (f) Ranking 18 – Ashley Drive (Erindale Drive to Sternberg Crescent), Wanniassa and (g) Ranking 19 – Gilmore Crescent (Kitchener Street to Kitchener Street), Garran.
(4) Will implementation of works be accordance with the Master Plan developed after consultation with the community for the possible future works listed on the online version of the TWS and referred to in part (3).
(5) If implementation of any works in part (3) above varies from the Master Plan, will further consultation be undertaken with the local community.
(6) Can the Minister list the 100 streets in the ACT in terms of priority for traffic management measures and the date each street was added to the priority list.
(7) Further to the motion passed in the ACT Legislative Assembly on 2 May 2012 regarding the traffic conditions on Coyne Street in Macarthur, Fadden and Gowrie, what is the status of the works to improve the conditions on Coyne Street and surrounding streets in the area.
(8) Are traffic calming devices being installed on Castleton Crescent in the vicinity of the Gowrie Primary School; if so, outline the nature of that work and any consultation that may have taken place with local residents.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The TWS was last updated in February 2016.
2. The next update to the TWS is scheduled to be completed in 2020.
3. Status update as follows:
a. The majority of high priority works were implemented in 2015. The outstanding roundabout at the intersection with Ashburton Circuit and other lower priority works will be considered under a future capital works program.