Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 8 June 2017) . . Page.. 2151 ..
Transport—electric bike trial
(Question No 173)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability, upon notice, on 12 May 2017:
(1) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the total cost of the electric bike trial to date under relevant categories, including (a) the cost of each bike, (b) maintenance, (c) additional equipment and (d) any other relevant categories.
(2) Can the Minister list any additional equipment provided to users in addition to the bike itself, and the cost of acquiring and/or installing the equipment.
(3) Can the Minister provide the total number of electric bikes purchased for the trial, and the average amount of bikes at each directorate location.
(4) Can the Minister provide how many individuals (a) use the bikes on a weekly basis, (b) use the bikes on a monthly basis and (c) have used the bikes in total during the trial.
(5) What logs are kept of the trips between directorates using the bikes.
(6) Can the Minister, if possible, identify the most frequently undertaken trip and the number of times that trip has been completed in the trial to date.
(7) Can the Minister, if possible, indentify the most rarely undertaken trip and the number of times that trip has been completed in the trial to date.
(8) What other directorates and locations have been or are being considered for inclusion within the trial.
(9) When will additional directorates be added to the trial.
(10) Can the Minister provide the average cost to include an additional directorate in the trial.
(11) Can the Minister provide data on directorate vehicle use prior and during the trial, including (a) the number of trips, (b) running costs, (c) parking costs, (d) maintenance costs, (e) taxi costs, (f) bus fares and (g) any other relevant comparative measures used to determine the effectiveness of the trial.
(12) What are the plans to utilise the electric bike fleet after the completion of the new Civic building.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Costs of the trial are as follows, noting that all figures are GST exclusive.
(a) The cost of each electric bike was $2545.55.
(b) The maintenance cost of each bike is $131.82 per service (two services are conducted per year).