Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 8 June 2017) . . Page.. 2150 ..
ACTION bus service—fleet
(Question No 171)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 12 May 2017:
(1) Further to question on notice No 93, could the Minister advise exactly when in 2016-17, 20 of the total of the 107 buses which do not have air conditioning or climate control systems will be replaced.
(2) What is the average age of the buses to be replaced.
(3) Why is the replacement of the remaining 87 buses that lack air conditioning or climate control systems, yet to be scheduled.
(4) What is the average kilometres travelled of the 107 buses in Transport Canberra’s fleet that are aged between 15 to 30 years.
(5) Is there a higher incidence of breakdowns for those buses aged between 15 to 30 years than for buses aged under 15 years,
(6) Can the Minister list the routes where the buses aged over 15 years are typically deployed.
(7) How many buses in the Transport Canberra bus fleet lack accessible features, such as wheelchair accessible or low floors.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) As of 29 May 2017, of the 107 buses referred to in QON 93, 10 have already been replaced. A further 10 buses are expected to be delivered to Transport Canberra by 30 June 2017 in order to enter service early in July 2017.
(2) The average age of the buses to be replaced is 25.19 years.
(3) Orders for additional replacement buses are subject to funding procurement process.
(4) On average, buses aged between 15 and 30 years in the Transport Canberra fleet have travelled approximately 1.2 million kilometres.
(5) Generally, buses aged over 15 years are subject to a higher rate of breakdowns compared to those aged under 15 years.
(6) Buses aged over 15 years are not typically deployed on any particular routes within the ACTION bus network. They perform a variety of runs comprising numerous routes across the network.
(7) There are currently 95 buses in the Transport Canberra bus fleet that do not have wheelchair access or low floors.