Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 23 March 2017) . . Page.. 1066 ..
(6) What is the total number of people who have travelled on the City Loop bus service to date.
(7) On average, how many services in a day operate with (a) no passengers travelling on the bus and (b) less than five passengers travelling on the bus.
(8) How many times have buses operating the City Loop bus service broken down.
(9) Did the answer to question on notice No 770 of 9 June 2016 refer to the initial phase of the trial; if so, what are the various phases of the trial and the timeframe for each phase.
(10) When will the trial of the City Loop bus service conclude.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The operating cost to date of the City Loop bus service has been $510,000. This cost includes driver wages, fuel, workshop hours and parts.
(2) The cost to date of promoting the City Loop bus service has been $22,500.
(3) The City Loop bus service requires six drivers to operate. This includes 4 full time and 2 part time drivers.
(4) Transport Canberra staff from the City Bus Station assist with the City Loop services as required as part of their regular duties.
(5) The service is scheduled to run approximately every 10 minutes.
(6) As at 22 March 2017, 65,502 people have travelled on the City Loop bus service to date. September 2016 recorded the highest number of boardings at 8,662.
(7) On average in a day when there is 72 scheduled services (a) 9 trips operate with no passengers travelling on the bus and (b) 23 trips operate with less than five passengers (1 to 4 passengers) travelling on the bus.
(8) As at 23 February 2017, the City Loop bus service has broken down 42 times since the commencement of this trial (4 July 2016). During this period there have been 11,952 scheduled City Loop bus services.
(9) Transport Canberra service planners are currently reviewing the service to identify further refinements or changes to the service during the trial period.
(10) The trial of the City Loop bus services is currently scheduled to conclude on Friday 30 June 2017.
Planning—Northbourne Avenue redevelopment
(Question No 88)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2017: