Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 23 March 2017) . . Page.. 1065 ..
(7) What is the cost of the proposed free two-month trial of the new rapid bus services.
(8) Will there be any conditions imposed on free travel on the new rapid bus services.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Rapid bus services scheduled to be introduced in 2017 includes the Blue Rapid extension to Lanyon, the Black Rapid between Gungahlin and Belconnen, and the Green Rapid between Woden and City.
(2) Timetables for these services will be released before the commencement of the new services in line with public consultation guidelines for a timetable change.
(3) The expected commencement date is in late 2017.
(4) Sufficient resources will be available to offer the new Rapid services.
(5) The cost to operate the new rapid bus network are as follows:
a. $3.6 million.
b. $8.5 million.
c. $13.9 million.
(6) No decisions have been made to reduce, increase or re-route services elsewhere.
(7) The cost of the proposed free two-month trial of the new rapid bus services is $0.14 million.
(8) The detailed implementation plan for the proposed trial is being developed by Transport Canberra.
ACTION bus service—rapid bus service
(Question No 87)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2017:
(1) What has been the cost to date to operate the trial of the City Loop bus service (route 101).
(2) What has been the cost to date of promoting the trial of the City Loop bus service.
(3) How many drivers are required to operate the City Loop bus service.
(4) How many other Transport Canberra staff work in support of the City Loop bus service, including standing at the City Bus Station (Stop 3002) to monitor the service or to assist passengers.
(5) How frequently does the service run during its hours of operation.