Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 16 February 2017) . . Page.. 733 ..
entering the statutory care system, including residential services. Implementation of this reform took place in stages between January and October 2016.
(Question No 63)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Youth, upon notice, on 16 December 2016:
(1) What was the total number of Community Services Directorate employees employed to provide specialised services within Disability ACT and Therapy ACT.
(2) What were the specialised services provided by the staff previously employed by the Community Services Directorate in Disability ACT and Therapy ACT.
(3) How many of these employees previously employed by the Community Services Directorate in Disability ACT and Therapy ACT are still employed within the ACT Government.
(4) What are the new roles the employees previously employed by the Community Services Directorate in Disability ACT and Therapy ACT now hold within the ACT Government.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Disability ACT and Therapy ACT workforce profile as at 1 July 2014:
• 380 permanent staff:
o 276 in Disability ACT
o 104 in Therapy ACT
• 143 Temporary and Casual staff
o 115 in Disability ACT
o 28 in Therapy ACT
(2) The main services provided to the community by Disability ACT were:
• Accommodation Support
• Community Support
• Community Access
• Information provision
• Community Development and engagement
• Housing options facilitation and support
• Policy development
• Management of the ACT Government’s response to the National Disability Strategy
• Sector contract and relationship management
• Sector development and supporting transition to the NDIS
The main services provided to the Community by Therapy ACT were:
• Age Based Therapy Services:
o Assessment, intervention and support services for children (0-8 years) with delays in development and people (0-65 years) with developmental disabilities
o Services provided by speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists and social workers
• Autism Assessment and Intervention Services:
o Diagnostic assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders for people of all ages