Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 16 February 2017) . . Page.. 661 ..
(9) Weetangera Neighbourhood Oval was reopened in December 2015 and represented the final stage of the $4.0 million program to restore sportsgrounds in Weetangera, Watson and Bonython. At this time, no further funding has been allocated for the restoration of any further sportsgrounds.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders—overcoming disadvantage
(Question No 3)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, upon notice, on 13 December 2016:
(1) In relation to the Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage: Key Indicators 2016 – Report, did the Government commit to the six targets for closing the gap in Indigenous disadvantage; if so, what policies, projects and programmes have been implemented in the past eight years to meet the six COAG targets as they pertain to the ACT for (a) the headline indicators, (b) halving the gap in reading, writing and numeracy achievements for children within the decade, (c) halving the gap for Indigenous students in Year 12 attainment rates or equivalent attainment by 2020 and (d) halving the gap in employment outcomes within a decade.
(2) What is the estimated budget which has been provided to the projects, programmes and policies.
(3) What is the total budget that has been made available to the projects, programmes and policies.
(4) What are the annual expenditures for the projects, programmes and policies.
(5) Are budgets tied to particular benchmarks or outcomes to be met.
(6) What evaluations have been conducted to ensure stated outcomes were being met.
(7) What were the outcomes and/or outputs of these evaluations.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
Much of the information requested by the Member is currently publicly available. The 2012, 2013 and 2015 ACT Closing the Gap Reports provide an overview of the programs and services that are funded by the ACT Government and directly aim at improving the outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the ACT. These reports are available in the publication section of the Community Services Directorate website at http://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/atsia/publications.
After careful consideration of the question, and advice provided by my Directorate, I have determined that some other information sought is not in an easily retrievable form, and that to collect and assemble the information sought would be a major task, requiring a considerable diversion of resources. In this instance, and given the available public information, I do not believe that it would be appropriate to divert resources away from policy and program delivery to retrieve further information.