Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 17 September 2015) . . Page.. 3260 ..
(1) A survey about housing choices in the ACT community was commissioned by the Environment and Planning Directorate.
The survey canvassed public opinion about the level of community satisfaction with housing choices in established residentially zoned areas and determines whether there is support for enabling greater housing choices in these areas. The data was correlated with housing characteristics to assist with an understanding of issues such as ageing in place. This work will assist the Environment and Planning Directorate to refine its residential codes.
The survey involved a 1000 person stratified random sample telephone survey. This was considered to be a sufficiently robust sample size to ensure that results at the total sample level are within a 3% accuracy range when compared to the result that would have been obtained if all people had been included.
(2) a) The research was commissioned on 12 November 2014.
b) The surveys were completed by Tuesday 13 January 2015.
c) Total cost was $53,355.50.
(3) Winton Sustainable Research Strategies Pty Ltd was engaged to undertake the work.
(Question No 469)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 6 August 2015:
(1) What is the overall ACT Budget for playgrounds, upgrades and maintenance, including each year for the last 15 years and in the forward estimates.
(2) How many staff are allocated for playground maintenance (a) over the last five years and (b) will be allocated in the forward estimates.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The overall ACT Budget for playgrounds, upgrades and maintenance since 2010-11 is $10,471,000 as shown in Attachment A.
The overall expenditure prior to 2010-11 is not readily available due to a change in financial systems.
(2) (a) An average of 10 staff.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).