Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 06 Hansard (Tuesday, 22 June 2010) . . Page.. 2087 ..
Tuesday, 22 June 2010
MR SPEAKER (Mr Rattenbury) took the chair at 10 am, made a formal recognition that the Assembly was meeting on the lands of the traditional custodians, and asked members to stand in silence and pray or reflect on their responsibilities to the people of the Australian Capital Territory.
The Clerk: The following responses to petitions have been lodged by a minister:
By Mr Stanhope, Minister for Transport, dated 6 May 2010, in response to a petition lodged by Mr Rattenbury on 23 February 2010 concerning parking arrangements in Elder and Farrer Streets, Braddon.
By Mr Stanhope, Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, dated 13 May 2010, in response to a petition lodged by Mr Rattenbury on 24 March 2010 concerning relocation of the Hawdon Street, Dickson municipal depot.
The terms of the responses will be recorded in Hansard.
Proposed changes to parking time limits on Elder and Farrer Streets, Braddon—petition No 107
The response read as follows:
The ACT Government notes the petition submitted by the petitioners, tabled by Mr Shane Rattenbury MLA on 23 February 2010 and makes the following comments:
• Mr Hargreaves, MLA, and Roads ACT received requests for more parking in the vicinity of the bowling club and elsewhere on Elder and Farrer Street; complaints regarding people parking on the verge, drivers continually obstructing the driveway at No. 11, and concerns for the safety of the Ainslie Primary School students when vehicles are parked on both sides of Elder Street.
• The existing parking restrictions (Attachment A) on Elder Street include:
- No Parking on the north side of the street, except for a three hour 7.30am to 6pm Monday-Friday zone adjacent to houses 9, 11 and 11A;
- On the south side of the street:
: No Parking 9am to 11am Monday - Friday at the City end;
: Four hour parking 7.30am to 6 pm Monday - Friday opposite the tennis and bowling clubs;
: Disabled and 15 minute parking adjacent to the school access;
: Two hour parking 7.30am to 6pm Monday - Friday between the children’s crossing and Limestone Avenue.
• Existing parking restrictions (Attachment A) on Farrer Street include:
- No Parking 7.30am to 6pm Monday - Friday on the north side of the street except for a three hour parking zone 7.30am to 6 pm Monday - Friday adjacent to St Columbas Uniting Church;