Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 15 Hansard (Thursday, 10 December 2009) . . Page.. 5804 ..
(2) How many wheelchairs are currently owned by CAYPELS and available for hire.
(3) How many (a) kaye, (b) gator, (c) pacer gait trainer and (d) arrow walkers are owned by CAYPELS and available for hire.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) (a) 157.
(2) CAYPELS has a total of 28 wheelchairs, 16 wheelchairs available for loan and 12 which are Assessment items.
(3) CAYPELS owns the following walkers which are available for hire:
(a) 19 Kaye Walkers;
(b) 5 Gator Walkers;
(c) 1 Pacer Gait Trainer; and
(d) 1 Arrow Walker.
Parkwood farm—cage doors
(Question No 429)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 18 November 2009:
(1) Does Parkwood Farm comply with the code of practice for poultry welfare in relation to its adequacy of cage doors; if not, has the Government ensured that Parkwood complies with all other aspects of the code.
(2) By what method has the Government undertaken compliance checks.
(3) How regular are compliance checks and when have they been undertaken in the last year.
(4) Can the Minister confirm that Parkwood complies with all aspects of the code; if not, what aspects does it not comply with.
(5) What action could the Government take under the Animal Welfare Act against Parkwood Farm because of its cage doors, which can cause harm to chickens when they are taken in and out of cages.
(6) Will the Government take any action under the Animal Welfare Act on this matter.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Parkwood Farm was sold in 2002 and is now operating under the name of Pace Farm. Pace Farm partially complies with the Code of Practice for the Welfare of Animals: Domestic Poultry 4th Edition. A maintenance/upgrade timetable has been agreed, allowing for the upgrade of cage doors as sheds are emptied of poultry at the end of their production cycle. Phase one, the upgrade of two sheds, has been completed but