Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 19 November 2009) . . Page.. 5397 ..
(3) The ACT, including all ACT Government agencies, source the majority of its electricity via the National Electricity Market (NEM). The NEM covers the eastern states of Australia and consists of over 200 major generation facilities and a comprehensive network of transmission lines. The diversity of generation and transmission options result in a high degree of reliability.
Any renewable electricity purchases sourced from the NEM will have to meet the reliability requirements of the NEM. As such, renewable electricity purchases by the ACT Government will be as reliable as other energy sources purchased via the NEM.
(4) The ACT Government is firmly committed to achieving carbon neutrality in its operations, including through the purchase of renewable energy.
Public service—playschool facilities
(Question No 355)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 14 October 2009 (redirected to the Minister for Community Services):
(1) Has space been provided for all playschools and playgroups in ACT Government facilities; if not, when will it be provided.
(2) What is the total cost of this policy initiative.
(3) Is this a firm commitment or an aspirational one.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Where requested, the Government has provided space for playgroups and playschools in government facilities.
(2) The policy initiative cost will be met out of current funds.
(3) The Government has given a firm commitment to house playgroups and playschools, where requested.
Building—universal design criteria
(Question No 356)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Disability and Housing, upon notice, on 14 October 2009 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) What progress has been made in implementing the introduction of universal design criteria.
(2) What consultation has been held with industry and user groups.
(3) When will this initiative be completed.
(4) What is the cost of this policy initiative.