Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 12 November 2009) . . Page.. 5019 ..
Application of International Human Rights Law in relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
Any consideration of amendments to the Discrimination Act 1991 in order to protect people from discrimination on the grounds of gender identity would take place in the wider context of more comprehensive amendments to the Discrimination Act 1991 and would require detailed consideration by my Department. All relevant stakeholders would be thoroughly consulted in that process.
Environment—building energy ratings
(Question No 322)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 17 September 2009:
(1) Has the real estate industry been informed of transitional arrangements to the real estate industry and energy auditors confirming the continuance of existing provisions and use of first generation software.
(2) Has the Department of Justice and Community Safety (JACS) developed information sheets to inform the community of the different requirements for energy assessment for new buildings and energy ratings for the purpose of sale of property under the provisions of the Civil Law (Sale of Residential Property) Act.
(3) Will JACS be providing information on the operation and enforcement of the energy efficiency rating scheme mandated under the Civil Law (Sale of Residential Property) Act in its 2008-09 annual report.
(4) Will the reporting referred to in part (3) include providing detail on the total number and proportion of (a) new house energy ratings audited by (i) software assessment of rating and (ii) physical inspection and (b) sale of premises ratings audited by (i) software assessment of rating and (ii) physical inspection.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The energy efficiency rating (EER) guidelines are prepared by the ACT Planning and Land Authority (the Authority) under section 20A of the Civil Law (Sale of Residential Property) Act 2003. I refer the Member to the Authority via the Minister for Planning for a response to this question.
(2) No. As the EER guidelines are prepared by the Authority, I refer the Member to the Authority via the Minister for Planning for a response to this question.
(4) See answer to Question 3.
Schools—Campbell primary school
(Question No 324)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 17 September 2009 (redirected to the Minister for Education and Training):