Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 12 November 2009) . . Page.. 5013 ..
TJ & C Family Consultancy
(Question No 312)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Disability and Housing, upon notice, on 17 September 2009:
(1) Does the ACT Government provide funding directly to TJ & C Family Consultancy, a provider of respite services for people with a disability; if so, how much did the ACT Government provide in (a) 2009-10 to date, (b) 2008-09, (c) 2007-08 and (d) 2006-07.
(2) Does the ACT Government provide funding indirectly to TJ & C Family Consultancy, via another organisation that pays for respite care; if so, how much in did the ACT Government provide in (a) 2009-10 to date, (b) 2008 09, (c) 2007-08 and (d) 2006-07.
(3) On what basis had the ACT Government decided that TJ & C Family Consultancy was an appropriate disability service that should receive ACT Government funding directly or indirectly, for example, was it an accredited service.
(4) Has the ACT Government ever had concerns about the standard of care provided through TJ & C Family Consultancy; if so, (a) what were the ACT Government’s concerns, (b) what did the ACT Government do in response to these concerns and (d) when did the ACT Government take these actions.
(5) Has the ACT Government ever been aware of any concerns that NSW Government agencies or the Queanbeyan Council have had with the standard of care provided through TJ & C Family Consultancy; if so, (a) what were the concerns and (b) what did the ACT Government do in response to hearing these concerns.
(6) Did the ACT Government take any action in response to the death of Jack Sullivan in 2008; if so, what were these actions.
(7) What steps does the ACT Government currently take to ensure that respite services that are purchased from TJ & C Family Consultancy, for residents of the ACT who have a disability, meet the necessary standards of care.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1)-(7) The NSW Coroner is currently investigating a death which has links to TJ & C Family Consultancy.
As part of this process, the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services is collating information under subpoenas from the New South Wales Crown Solicitor’s Office.
In light of the investigations being undertaken by the NSW Coroner it is inappropriate for the question to be answered in this forum.