Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 17 Sept 2009) . . Page.. 4277 ..
Public service—disabled persons
(Question No 278)
Ms Bresnan asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 25 August 2009:
(1) Is the ACT Public Service Employment Framework for People with a Disability, as available at http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/governance/public/publications#D, still in force.
(2) Are there reports available that detail the ACT Government’s achievements against this framework; if so, where are they available.
(3) Does the ACT Government have employment guidelines for people with a (a) chronic and (b) mental illness; if so, will the Minister provide copies.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Yes, the ACT Public Service Employment Framework for People with a Disability, established in 2004, continues to operate.
(2) ACT Government progress in the area of disability employment is regularly reported through the:
• Commissioner for Public Administration’s ACT Public Service Workforce Profile published annually; and the
• the Commissioner for Public Administration’s Report on the Agency Survey also published annually.
(3) Each ACTPS Agency has an employee assistance program to assist its staff with mental health issues. An example of one such program is attached.
Agencies also have in place mechanisms to provide staff with a greater level of assistance on a case by case basis. Such initiatives are provided through Agency Health and Well Being Strategies which include elements of mental health. An example of the Chief Minister’s Department’s (CMD) Health and Well Being Strategy is attached. This particular document includes participation in the Beyond Blue Study Project recently carried out in CMD which aims to identify areas of concern in relation to the mental health of employees.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
(Question No 279)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 25 August 2009:
(1) In relation to solariums and further to the answer to question on notice 236, what is the soonest possible date that Amendment No 4 2009 will be in force in the ACT if the process is followed as set out in the answer.