Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 09 Hansard (Tuesday, 18 August 2009) . . Page.. 3289 ..
224 Registration of industry codes of practice
(1) This section applies to an industry code of practice prepared in accordance with the guidelines under section 223.
(2) The road transport authority may register the industry code of practice.
(3) The registration of an industry code of practice may be conditional.
(4) Registration of an industry code of practice remains in force (unless sooner revoked) until the earlier of the following:
(a) the end of the period of effect (if any) stated in the instrument of registration;
(b) the end of the period (if any) stated in the guidelines.
(5) The registration of an industry code of practice is a notifiable instrument.
Note A notifiable instrument must be notified under the Legislation Act.
(6) The registration instrument must include the industry code of practice being registered by the instrument.
Proposed new definition of registered industry code of practice
Page 248, line 2—
registered industry code of practice—see section 222.