Page 2215 - Week 06 - Monday, 11 May 2009
(3) The ACT Government has not yet committed funding to any non-government organisation for the Elder Abuse Prevention Program in 2009-2010. The budget for that year is under development.
Bass Gardens—conservation management plan
(Question No 140)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 26 March 2009:
(1) Which recommendations of the Bass Gardens Conservation Management Plan have been implemented.
(2) If there are recommendations that have not been implemented, what is the Government’s plan to implement them.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
In 2002, the Friends of Bass Gardens developed the Bass Gardens Conservation Management Plan (CMP) and sought the Government’s support in implementing it. The group was advised at the time that the Government supported the objectives and most of the recommendations of the Plan but could not commit resources to its full implementation. The Friends of Bass Gardens were encouraged to pursue external funding for implementation of parts of the Plan.
The Government has implemented a number of Plan recommendations as part of its ongoing works program. The Friends of Bass Gardens have also been active in implementing other recommendations and this is greatly appreciated by the Government. However, the Government has no specific plans to implement the outstanding recommendations of the Bass Gardens Conservation Management Plan.
A summary of the current status of each recommendation from the Conservation Management Plan is at Attachment 1.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Housing ACT—asbestos removal
(Question No 141)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Disability and Housing, upon notice, on 26 March 2009:
(1) How many properties in the Housing ACT stock has material containing asbestos.
(2) If there are properties with material containing asbestos, what are the Government’s plans to remove it.
(3) If there are no plans to remove asbestos, why and what are the Government’s plans to manage it.