Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2009 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 2 April 2009) . . Page.. 1846 ..
(4) Have there been any General Non-Conformance Notices or Audit Non-Conformance notices issued under the contract since 30 July 2008.
(5) When was the last review and update of the Contract Management Plan and Risk Management Plan.
(6) What is the client satisfaction level.
(7) How many complaints has Housing ACT, the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services, or the Minister’s office received regarding the contract since 30 July 2008.
(8) What is the proportion of responsive maintenance completed on time.
(9) What amount of bonus payments have been made since 30 July 2008.
(10) When was the last review of the Key Performance Indicators.
(11) Have reviews recently been undertaken in accordance with the Quality Assurance program.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The parties agreed to extend the contract by exchange of letters on 1 July 2008.
(2) A Deed of Variation has been signed.
(5) The Contract Management Plan was reviewed and updated in October 2008. The Risk Management Plan was also reviewed and updated at this time.
(6) 72% level of satisfaction with emergency maintenance service and 61% satisfaction with day-to-day maintenance service (results from the Internal Client Satisfaction Survey carried out by Housing and Community Services – December 2008).
(7) From July 2008 until 18 March 2009, 271 complaints relating to general maintenance issues have been received by the Housing ACT Complaints Management Unit. The Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services Consumer and Quality Unit did not receive any complaints about Housing maintenance. Complaints received by the Minister are recorded and responded to. However, this is not disaggregated into the subject matter of the complaint. It is not possible to state the number of maintenance complaints without manually checking every Ministerial response since July 2008.
(9) $54,873 (including GST).
(10) The Key Performance Indicator’s were last reviewed in January 2009.